Friday, November 19, 2010

Mellah.

Bab MellahMellah

Happy Friday everyone! Wanted to share a couple more pictures from my trip last June.
This was from Mellah (ancient jewish quarter) in Marrakech. It was established in the 16th century and is now populated mainly by Muslims. The narrow streets call back to a time before roads were built for cars. It was one of my favorite areas of the city, other than avoiding the scooters whizzing by.

Is it obvious I am longing for my vacation time yet?...

Ok ok enough longing, my plans for the weekend are:

-Finish up a photo project I have been working on for a long while.
-See David Sedaris at Borders!
-Celebrate the birthdays of my friends.
-Attend a wedding
-Celebrate more birthdays
-Other things I am probably forgetting at the moment, my brain is a little spent today

How about you guys?

-Angela

4 comments:

siniann said...

You will have busy weekend! We will do the basic saturday by doing shopping and cleaning for tonights ganster's poker night - party :) And sunday just sleep haha.

Your pictures are beautiful.

Secondhand Stella said...

I love the first image!

Tonight I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner for me, my parents, and my fiance since I have to work Thanksgiving Day.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Aqeela said...

Wow, great photos, so different to life here in the UK. You seem to have captured a very honest shot of what Mellah is like for the locals.

Aqeela x

angelarenai said...

Thank you guys!

I actually got everything on my to do list done this weekend! :)

-Angela

Blog Widget by LinkWithin