Friday, January 7, 2011

Post-Holiday DIY project!

Magnetic Chalk Board Mirror

So there I was in front of my google search engine. Thinking to myself that I wanted to buy a magnetic chalkboard. When low and behold what comes up in the listing? The always inspiring Design*Sponge of course! Why would I buy one when I have a tutorial on how to make a unique one myself? pfft. What a no brainer.

You ever have one of those "why the heck didn't I think of that" moments? This was definitely one of them. This brilliant DIY project was sent in to Design*Sponge by a reader a little less than a year ago (don't you just love looking through the archives of your favorite blogs?). But the idea isn't old at all, and I plan to try my hand at it.

So here goes my first DIY project of the 2011! I already have a gorgeous vintage mirror that would be great for this but it is too pretty to paint. So now I have a great excuse to make a trip to the junk store.

Let's hope I don't kill myself trying to cut the sheet metal. Maybe I'll just pay someone handy to do that part for me.

You guys find/do any good DIY projects lately?

-Angela

10 comments:

siniann said...

Great idea! I have one empty frame in our room, from what the glass is broken and I have been wondering what to do with it. And from this I got the idea of making some prints of my photos and pinning these to it! It will be my own photo wall :)

mama hussy said...

Yes, brilliant!
I wanna see pics of your new project!!
xx

Alexandra said...

Hello :) I love your blog and did a small feature on it here. Have a lovely day

Unknown said...

This is a great idea. ;-) PCN

Natalie Marie Sullivan said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I love this outfit! you look stunning!

siniann said...

Hello Angela, I hope you are alright! And I wish to see soon some of your photos or hear that you are doing fine :) xx sunny greetings from France!

♡Shayla♡ said...

I was just dropping by all of my old followers to let everyone know the blog has changed url- if you'd like to resubscribe head over to http://ohsweetdarlin.blogspot.com

It'd be fun to hear from you and see your comments on the page.

Anonymous said...

cpif owx[url=http://www.shopnorthface.co.uk/#34167]North Face Outlet[/url]
[url=http://shopnorthface.co.uk/#the-north-face-UK]the north face UK[/url]

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our discussion made here.

Here is my web-site: coffee houses

Anonymous said...

Actually no matter if someone doesn't understand after that its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it happens.

My homepage cheap ralph lauren polo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin